Friday, November 5, 2010

EASY sponge cake recipe with pictures

Hei!

Sorry for not posting for such a long time, but here I am now! I've been ill for 2 weeks already, so I am sitting home and baking, baking, baking... (somebody stop me=)). Yesterday I tried a new and very easy recipe of sponge cake. The ingredients are ordinary and it takes about 30 min to prepare (10 min of work, 20 min of baking). Although it's so easy and fast to make, it has nice spongy structure and good taste. Make any cream of your choice and you'll get a beautiful cake for a birthday or just to enjoy with tea in the evening. So, here it is!

To make this sponge cake you'll need

4 eggs

150 ml of sugar
(2/3 of cup)
100 ml of flour
(1/2 of cup)
100 ml of potato starch
(1/2 of cup)
1 tea spoon of baking powder

pinch of salt


Mix eggs and sugar together very well, so the mixture was almost white and doubled in size, mix another (dry) components together in another bowl

Carefully add dry components to egg mixture and mix batter with a spoon, put it in the buttered form for a cake
Bake about 20 minutes at 180C.


N.B. I baked this sponge cake in one piece, because I needed it for crumbs. If you want to make classical layered cake, I suggest you to divide batter into 2-3 parts (depends on how much layers you want) and bake them separately. You should do that because during baking cake rises more in the middle and also it is not very comfortable to cut cake into layers after baking, it's better to bake each layer separately.

I hope this sponge cake recipe will help you and your life will become little bit sweeter=)

No comments:

Post a Comment